Finally decided to share my collections of mostly free verse poetry although now and then you'll find a Haiku or two. A sonnet might pop up once in a blue moon. I am not a poet by any standards. I write only to express myself on subjects that thug on my heart's strings and touches the depth of my soul. In between are poems written about subjects that tickle my mind and vanity. I Justwrite...whatever wherever whenever it comes to me.
Saturday, September 10, 2016
The other face of Depression
There is such a stigma attached to Depression. Sometimes the word is used or conveyed in such a way as to make the person with depression feel not as good, weak or not having a right frame of mind.
The funny thing is we all do experience Depression; in varying degrees. Some get stuck and need help and others seem to be able to pull themselves together without help. I have suffered from it due to varying reasons. I believe what enables me to pick up the broken pieces each time is my faith as a Christian. Faith is a very important stronghold a person could have. It gives you something to look up to, something to hang on to, something to carry you through a dark passage. Prayers too I believe were my saving grace; it can help bring peace of mind back as well as an outlet for pent - up anger, guilt or hopelessness. It seemed to take away all my built up anxiety, dark ideas and negative emotions.
Above is my own take on Depression; if a person can wade through the darkness and see the positive gifts of Depression, it can turn a depressed person to a brave warrior!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment